Thursday, April 03, 2008

A.I. Response

After watching the movie A.I., I thought that Steven Spielberg did a good job explaining to people who who doesn't what aritical intelligence. He showed that there might be a possiblity that articital intelligence can exist in the future. In the movie it showed everything that we were talking about in class. The movie also demonstrated that robots with A.I. in their systems are easily influenced by every thing. I remember when the human mother told David the story, about pichanno and mentioned the blue-hairy fairy turning the puppet into a real boy. David really believed that the fairy truly and went on his quest to become a real boy. He flew to the last city of Manhattan and found the statue of the blue fairy underwater. He asking the statue to turn him into a real boy, but fail to realize that it was a statute. Determine to achieve his goal, David stood in front the statue waiting for his wish to granted even until after human civilization have become extinict. I guess one concern of A.I. is for them to understand the difference between imagination and reality.

No comments: