Friday, April 04, 2008

AI Movie Response

In the movie AI there were two main things that grabbed my attention. First was the problem with Dr. Know. The second thing that raised my thoughts was the question are the robots more human than the humans.
Dr. Know was a search engine that had been tampered with to trick Davis, the robot child. Dr. Know has a major problem that still even in a technologically advanced future exist. Dr. Know has a problem with not having the common knowledge of a human. Since he does not have this common knowledge he can not always find significant results to questions.
One of my the things that grabbed my attention in the movie was how the humans treated the robots at the flesh fair. This raised the question of whether or not the robots were more human than the humans. At the flesh fair the humans were celebrating their "life" by torturing robots who would not even plea for their lives and would not fight back. I think that this seen showed how naive the humans were because they were in panic from the idea of robots out numbering them. I think this part of the movie showed that the robots were more humane than the humans.

No comments: