Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Texting or Talking.. What's your preference??

Our class discussion on this particular topic was interesting. I liked hearing people different stories on their prefereces on talking or texting. Obvioulsy everyone was different, but I think for the majority people agreed that since highschool we have all stopped texting so much. I remember in highschool I would be having at least three converstions going on at once with three different people and I loved it. I loved talking with my friends about random things or about what we were doing that weekend or even what was for lunch. Now, things have changed. I can't stand texting and usually if I need something I will call. I don't just have random conversations for no reason, I believe it's a waste of time to sit there with my face in a phone all day; it takes away from the reality of your life. As I grow older I tend to enjoy and appreciate the time that I have that I am not working, playing basketball or going to school and I don't like to spend my time texting. If i need to ask my mom a quick question or one of my friends or even boyfriend I will send them a quick text or just call. I actually lose my phone more often now because I don't have it attached to my hand.. and it feels pretty good:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great!! I never even thought about the point of losing your phone. This happens to me all the time. I almost always end up searching for it or having to call it before I leave my house in the morning. I only wish that sometimes I would just leave without it. I find my cell phone just to be a distraction from my actual life and what is going on in reality. I already stated my position in class about how I feel about texting and how I demand phone calls from people rather than texts. I think texting can be a waste of time and is extremely impersonal.

Unknown said...

I agree with you guys, I think texting does take away from the real world and is a great distraction, especially when I am trying to do homework. I hate getting texts while I am deeply involved with homework, so I try to put it away somewhere on silent. Even just knowing that I cannot touch my phone helps me to concentrate more, because I know I will not be interrupted. Those days where I forget to charge my phone or leave it somewhere are somewhat distressing at first, but I also feel free, because I "cannot be reached", and therefore I allow myself to reach out more to people already around me, not on my phone.