Friday, April 19, 2013

online classrooms

the questions that we have to ask ourselves with regard to online education the virtual classroom idea that we discussed in class. we need to see and understand the costs and the benefits that are provided through a way of learning such as this. i would have to argue that online classrooms do not demand enough. classrooms online do not demand participation, anybody can lie or cheat on an online class. classrooms are meant to be a place to stimulate thought and ideas outside of ones normal realm  online people do not truly have to become engaged. the benefit of efficiency does not out weight the damage to society and the formation of an individual.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though I know they won't, I really feel like they should do away with online classes. With my experiences with online classes, I even catch myself not caring as much about the class and putting as much effort into it as I should. This is surprising beceause I usually stay pretty motivated with a class. Learning everything online just doesn't capture attention as well, or require the student to really connect with the class.