Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Talking vs texting

I enjoyed listening to the conversation that was going on during class today about people's preference of talking to people on the phone vs texting people. The class seemed to comment mostly on preferring to text friends and family. I agree, though, with others that like to call people if I need an immediate response. If I just have a simple comment or question that is not so urgent I will mostly text someone. Sometimes I get annoyed with texting, especially when the person keeps sending them when clearly I'm annoyed and don't want to respond. I guess for me it depends on what the conversation is that determines if I text or call the person. If it is my mom that I am trying to talk to, most of the time I call her, but again it depends on what the conversation is.

Some people went in to talking about their boyfriends and if they text or call him/her. My boyfriend lives around here and we still text a lot during the day but we will call each other at least once during the day. I think that if I was in a long distance relationship the amount of texts that we would send back and forth would go way up.

In high school I used to text way more then I do now. I feel like its an age thing. As you get older I think the importance of constantly being in contact with someone goes down. You learn to be more independent and such as you grow older and mature and begin to have more responsibilities. I know that now that I'm finishing up with college, I have way less time to myself then I did in high school, and I think that is because of jobs and school work.

No comments: