Thursday, April 04, 2013

Individuals and cell phones

If you look closely at my title, it states INDIVIDUALS and cell phones. The reason I am putting emphasis on the word individuals is because many people have the misconception that the only peopel who have their phones hooked to their hip are teens, when that is an incorrect statement. Although, I do agree that teens are one of the higher percentage people... everyone who owns a cell phone are becoming more attached to their device. I don't think we made that a big enough point during our discussion. What we discussed in class is very interesting, and turkle is correct in my opinion when she says that phones are becoming apart of people and their daily lives. When driving individuals can't even ignore a text or phone call because they don't want to feel "disconnected" it's pretty crazy considering it is puttin your life at risk. Technology is beginning to take over our lives....... in positive and negative ways.

No comments: