Thursday, April 25, 2013

My aunt went out of tow and asked me to be responsible for my cousins. I had no problem with that as they are well behaved. however not 5 minutes after i walked in the house i didnt like what i saw. they are 13 and 11. both with their own video came consoles (ps3) complete with two flat screen tvs. to make matters worse they were both playing grand theft auto and everything knows you can pretty much do anything you want to do. That is not good for two kids that age to be exposed to things like that.

They also had their own smart phones. I didnt get my first cell phone until i was a sophomore in high school and it was a garbage phone for basically emergency or to keep in touch with my parents. they dont play sports they dont go outside they play video games all day every day and dont have any idea what they are missing out on and thats what bothers me about that generation.

1 comment:

Daniel Mohs said...

It is human nature for a generation of people to look down on the generation that comes after them. It is the same with the generation before us. Maybe their obsession with video games will allow them to progress in fields of technology instead of athleticism.