Thursday, April 25, 2013

Smart phones at sports events

I recently went to a reds game and could not believe what I was seeing. I got tickets from a friend who gets seats 7 rows up from the reds dug out so its not like these are dollar seats. The whole game people were on their phones and when I would cheer for the reds they'd ask me to quiet down because they were on the phone. Or when the reds hit a home run and fireworks started to explode they'd look at me and ask "oh what happened"?

That blew my mind. I have always been a sports fanatic so when i am t the game I am almost impossible to get a hold of unless its an emergency. the fact that people will spend that came of money and not have any clue what is going on in the game is an issue for me. all because of smart phones.

The last thing that bothered is that people were more concerned about getting something cool on camera with their phone so they could post it to social media rather than just watch it and tell them about it. and its not like their aren't 500 cameras at games so they'd see it anyway....

2 comments:

Daniel Mohs said...

I agree, i think that the amount of time ans use that goes into a smartphone is ridiculous and unnecessary. Smartphones should be used as a luxury not as an extension of the body that it seems like they have become most recently.

Jerome Langguth said...

I share your dismay at this kind of thing.