Monday, April 22, 2013

Medical Technology

I have read a few posts about Medical Technology and I was actually thinking about writing one of my papers about this topic. I agree with what most people are saying about medical technology advances that are happening at this moment. I am beyond thankful for the advances in medical technology, people are given a new life by simply having a "robot" arm or leg. I believe that the accuracy and the precision that these machines have are unbelievable and are saving lives every day. However, a full blown robot doing surgery on me or any other human is a scary thought. Humans make mistakes, we all know that. So, who says that the robot a human builds won't make mistakes?? That is a big issue to me, a robot isn't always going to be perfect and more importantly if they did make a mistake are they programed to react to a mistake and the situation and fit it?  A human can react to a mistake and fix it or at least get help from someone who can. Although I am thankful for robots in many ways, I do not like the thought of a robot completely taking over the job of a doctor!! I am not even going to go into the fact that a robot taking over the job of a doctor creates a completely different issue!! In the end, my point is that I would rather a human do surgery on me than a robot.

No comments: