Sunday, March 30, 2008

Steven Spielberg's A.I.

This past friday in the class, we watched Steven Spielberg's movie, Articial Intelligence. This was the first time I view this film and I think that it was interesting. Even though the movie shows that there's a possibility of A.I. existing in the future, the movie also points out many reasons why we can't fully achieved the concept of A.I. One reason is that despite the robots in the movie looking as realistic as humans, they can't never age like actual humans which an essential part of the lives. I remember in one scene when the robot boy asked the human mother how long she will be for alive. And then she response saying that she will be alive for 50 more years. The movie also pointed that A.I. will never achieved the characteristics of humans because they don't have digestive systems or experience being of hungary from food. I remember in one scene when the biological human boy challenged the robot boy in a eating contest at the dinner table,the robot boy started to malfunction as he was eating the collard greens. I was laughing when the techinican told robot boy that eating isn't for robots. Finally, the movie showed the A.I. can't fully achieved the idea of human free will and common sense. I remember in one scene when the biological human boy told the robot boy to cut his mother hair with the scioors while she was sleeping saying that she will be happy. But any idiot with common sense will know if you come to someone's bed while they are sleeping and they wake up, that person will think you going to kill them with the scisoors.

No comments: