Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Into Great Silence...

After watching the documentary, “Into Great Silence” it came to my attention that I really never have silence like the monks in the film do, not even when I’m sleeping. I don’t think I could ever live the life the way those monks do. It just seems too far away. I’m completely surrounded by noise, and I don’t really mind it. There is always something around me that seems to be making some sort of sound or noise. I don’t mind silence, but that may be because I get it very seldom and when I do, it seems to be short lived. It makes one wonder about their health, but I don’t think I’m going to sweat over it. I honestly can’t even really think of a situation where I’m in complete silence. It seems to happen just out of no where and even when it does, I’m still not really in silence. There always seems to be some sort of distraction, no matter where I am.

No comments: