Friday, March 14, 2008

Blog 9

The discussion we had in class this week after seeing the birds nest really made me think. Noticing the difference between the birds nest we saw in class and the pictures of it on the Internet made me realize how these two things are the same yet totally different. This was a perfect example of Borgmann's idea of information as reality. I saw the picture of the birds nest on the Internet but I did not see the birds nest until I saw it in the plastic container. The real birds nest was an example of natural information. This example of seeing the birds nest in class shows how our society is distant from our natural environment. Seeing the nest on the Internet did not bring it justice. The picture on the internet does not allow you to see all the details in this piece of natural information.

No comments: