Friday, March 14, 2008

Clay Movie

As I have thought more and more about that clay movie I feel like I know why that old man wanted to die. He couldn't get away from his past. He saw his dead wife everyday, and experienced what his younger life was like every night. The old man was not allowed the opportunity to grieve properly. His wife was dead, for all intensive purposes, but he was still experiencing her through the computer simulations. How terrible is that that the woman you love is still there but you cant truly feel her or kiss her. For me that would be a world of torture and pain. And knowing that one day he would or could be the cause of that pain for some one else was too much for him to bare. It reminds me of an old Diamond Rio song called "One More Day." The last line of the that song exemplifies what this post is about.

"Leave me wishing still, for one more day...with you"

No comments: