Monday, January 22, 2007

Robot Stories

Ah, where to start with this film. First of all, I did not enjoy it. In my opinion, there are too many things that come into conflict in my personal life that would make me hate this way of scanning your brain into a computer.

It was mentioned in class that we each have some sort of accomplishment when we reach a goal, when we visit a different country, etc. The fact that scanning your brain into a computer where you can do everything? Where is there an accomplishment in that?

My second problem with the film is religion. In my won life, religion is a major part of the way I live. And through the Bible, I have an idea of what will happen to me when I pass from this world. Being described as "paradise", there's no way scanning my brain onto a computer and "living" on Earth forever will be as good as paradise.

I see the future of technology to have astronomical changes. But things like this would create too much controversy to actually exist in our world. A good film, but something that won't happen.

No comments: