Monday, January 22, 2007

Robot Stories (Blog for film)

What is the point of putting someones mind into a computer? You are not truly living on. You cannot take body form. As this film showed, the computer doesn't necessarily download your true personality/character. In the film it seemed as though the best was always portrayed. This simply isn't realistic. Why would we want to have a "fake" remake of ourselves? It just doesn't seem like the way things should be down. Yes I would love to have my loved ones with me for the rest of my life, but the memories of our loved ones will always stay in our minds. They live on within us. Would you sit around with a computer form of your mother, grandma, brother, sister, etc.? Where does it end? In some sense there is a need for an end. What happens when all your loved ones are computers?

This is all very interesting to think about. I would have thought that being able to live on would be a good thing, but when you think of living as a computer and not being able to touch/feel anything, develop new thoughts, run/walk, etc. I simply just don't see the point. You just not yourself in true form.

No comments: