Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Borgman & Illich Readings

To read is to comprehend; therefore, gaining knowledge or revealing our lack of. It always amazes me to learn something new. A catchy phrase that otherwise I would not have known. i.e. " fruit flies like bananas, time flies like an arrow" . One I had not heard before. Just as important is comprehension, the fact that our interpretations are varied. For me, reading has always been my favorite past time. When I had my children I read aloud to them from conception, infancy, until they were able to read themselves. Then it became a game. They to0 were challenged to add inflection, excited voices & make believe voices. Then surpassing to gain their own knowledge. That leading to discussions on what they learned. Then sparking debates of interpretation. So to have this forum of communication has been times for me that I can reflect upon, rejoicing that they were moments in time. Now in the present to go a step further and communicate via e-mail, blogs. To have conversations with people you otherwise would not have had the chance of meeting to express your opnions or interpretations with. But, when it comes right down to it, the written word is where it begins, how it is translated, and now the countless medias in which it can be expressed... now that's amazing.

No comments: