Sunday, February 28, 2010

After Hours

Have you ever found yourself bored and wanting to do something? Do you have a late night craving to move around or look or think when everyone else is asleep? I do all the time. I find myself enthrawled with television or the Internet after hours. I think about what I can do when I have time to spare. Technologly is at our finger tips twenty-four seven, so why not take advantage of it? Some say that Google and the Internet are making us stupid, but how can it. When we are awake alone and have noone to converse with, we turn to our facebook friends, the customers of Walmart, or YouTube. We can learn so much when we least expect it. On the contrary, it is true that we can sit in our comfy chair in our living room and research and entire paper and print it off without the slightest movement in our feet. So, is the Internet helping or hindering the develpment of the human mind? I think it depends on how and to what extent we use these technologies.

No comments: