Sunday, February 07, 2010

Borgmann might be right....(Blog 1)

As I think back to our class discussions a dawning thought comes to my mind. Maybe this Borgmann character is right! Whoa, wtf did I just say? I have come to the conclusion that I do agree with Albert and his idea of the device paradigm. The more and more I open my mind to this idea, the more I see this happening. No matter how you look at it, there are little pieces of our souls being lost every time some new gadget comes out. We don't care how a device was developed, all we care about is that it works and will fulfill our wants/needs. We put so much into modern technology and for what? It's like an abusive relationship, and we are the victims. We are always attending to our gizmo's and constantly relying on them, only to find out they've failed us... But we keep coming back in hopes that this next "device" will be better. When will this vicious cycle end, it won't. Technology will be continually pushed until there is nothing left. What will become of us when this time comes?

No comments: