Friday, February 05, 2010

The new age of cell phones

In class there have been talks about our new age gadgets, and how much more advanced they have become. When thinking of these gadgets that are out there today, the one I own that I use the most would have to be my cell phone. The cell phone is no longer meant for calling it has so many more uses that would be unheard of ten years ago. The cell phone I have does almost everything for me; it has a vast amount of uses now a day that many people don’t know what they have under their finger tips. With my cell phone I can not only call, text, email, take video/ pictures, and listen to music which most phones today come standard with all that. My phone can browse the internet checking face book, shopping on eBay, and searching on Google. If not on the internet I can listen to Pandora which is internet radio, or get a live weather update and forecast for the week. I can check stocks if need be, and the phone can tell me the moon phases. With the brand new android market place the app store where mostly everything is free to download. I have lots of games to play if boredom sets in at any point. If I have to travel any where unfamiliar I have Google maps at my finger tips. If I don’t know a star I am gazing at I can open up the Google sky maps app and it will tell me every star in the sky. My new personal favorite app is remote droid, which turns my phone into a mouse/ key board. I plug my computer to my T.V. and control everything with my phone; I do not even use my laptop mouse pad or key board any more. I have essentially texted this whole blog from my phone. My phone has made it possible for me to do many things that I couldn’t do before without buying other gadgets and having a million devices on me. The phone I have has eliminated any other gadget id need.

No comments: