Thursday, February 11, 2010

Favourite Science Fiction

Anyone care to discuss their favourite sci-fi flicks, books, or universes? I myself tend to favour post-apocalyptic and/or dystopian sci-fi (though my top 5 says different ;)

Pierce's Top 5 Sci-fi Books (no particular order)
-Space Trilogy C.S. Lewis
-Starship Troopers Robert Heinlein
-Fullmetal Alchemist Hiromu Arakawa
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Hayao Miyazaki
-Warhammer 40,000 technically not a book, but a very interesting gothic-sci-fi universe. Imagine a combination of Starship Troopers, Terminator, HP Lovecraft, Tolkien, Star Wars, and the Spanish Inquisition!

Films
-Aliens
-Battlestar Galactica the original series
-Star Wars original trilogy

1 comment:

Allen said...

I dont really watch many science Fiction movies, but I would say my list would compose of Aliens vs Preditors, Star Wars, Star Treck, and all the Terminators. Not much of a list but I can stand watching these movies over and over again.

One movie that I could not stand was Solaros, worst movie I have seen.