Monday, February 08, 2010

The Device Paradigm

I think that Borgman is almost right. As technology gets more advanced the more secluded people become in most cases. Some people will just stay home on the computer or video games instead of going out and seeing real people. Some people probably go an entire day without face to face interaction.
But some people use technology to be able to make more connections and possibly find more people to do things with. I know someone who uses facebook to find people who like to do what they do and then will go do those things with them. I think that some technology advances are for the best if you use them properly.
Also another thing that technology does is to make it to where kids don't want to go outside and play. They will just stay inside all day and not do anything. When I was a kid I would be outside everyday playing. I had video games but I liked being outside more. Maybe, some technology is make people lazy. It make them lazy because everything they need is all in one place and they don't have to go out and get it.
I think that technology is good if not abused.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Borgmann when he talks about the device paradighm and how it takes away from the interaction between either people or some natural thing. Like we discussed in class about the guitar you have to keep learning how to play the guitar its not something that you can just pick up and play it takes practice. I also agree on how a device makes things to easy sometimes for us. The first time we use a device we have to learn from it but then its almost like its not there its just habit that we are using the device. sometimes i feel like new devices take over my life and i forget what it really feels like to do something natural.