Thursday, February 07, 2013

In this Ethics and Technology class I believe that it was a great decision to show this movie during class. I strongly feel that it shows a true value of how a robot would be if this movie were to be played out in life as we know it. The whole encounter with a real boy and a robot boy was just one of many examples of why robots such as David have different emotions than humans and could never be treated equally. The real brother begins to make fun of David and say things that would portray that David wasn't real. He was not only treated "Fake" by his brother, but he was treated different by his parents too. I liked the movie, but I felt as if this will never happen in my lifetime. The robot in the movie can actually love and feel every emotion just like a human and I just don't believe that that is a possibility in the near future. Also, if you go back to the movie and think about David you realize that even though he has emotions and feelings, he doesn't have the same thinking process that humans did, becauase he only knew what he learned from memories. I don't think that it will ever be possible to replace a person with a robot, but I did enjoy this science fiction movie.

No comments: