Saturday, February 02, 2013

Alive or not...

My little sister owns a Furbie, so I fully understand how small children could look at these objects and think "alive or real". They don't see these toys or objects as non living, they learn to believe that these objects have feeling and need to be taken care of or they may "die". Children quicky become attached to their toys and just from seeing my little sister react to her Furbie she says things like I need to feed her or else she will get evil and mad at me. If you read the sentence I just typed you will quickly see all the problems with what children are saying... They address gender, feelings, personality and or characteristics of these toys. Technology is beginning to develop objects and Turkle is right when she says that these toys are becoming more when children can actually feel an emotional attachment.

No comments: