Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A.I. Film

I enjoyed the film A.I. For the most part. I liked the beginning through when the Mom dropped off the boy in the woods. At this point, it got weird. The beginning was weird as well, but in a different way. The second part of the story was just strange. I think that the whole idea is very far off from where we are today. Robots are one thing, the normal vision you get when you think about them, but to think of a robot looking and acting just like a human child, I think, is far away in the possible future. I can see how, if this happens, it could pull at emotions. Watching the movie, the viewer is put in the mindset that the child is a robot, but yet when the mom leaves him it pulls at the viewer's emotions. If the whole movie was more like the first section of it, then I might be tempted to watch it again. The second part was just weird, those are the only words I have for it. When they had the destroying of robots, and the guy robot going to the hotel room where the dead lady's was, and the lost city toward the end; I could have done without these parts. At the same time, I suppose they all nada meaning in order to end up in the new kind world where it was only robots.

No comments: