Thursday, February 21, 2013

A.I. Reflection

After watching A.I. I found myself wondering not so much if technology like this was around or if we were capable of creating human robots, rather, I was more intrigued as to why we would create something like this. David proves countless times throughout the movie that he can't understand human emotion and love. This to me can become very dangerous and really is a road I would rather not explore. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the advancement of technology and even robotics. Robotics have proved to be invaluable, especially in the medical and assembly line industries. Where I draw the line though is where robotics and artificial intelligence are used to create human robots.

I believe that to create a robot that can fully understand and interact with a real human beings mind and emotions is simply impossible. There can be an unlimited amount of information and intelligence installed and stored into a robots hard drive but there can never be a substitute for real human emotion and feelings. Human life can be hard enough as it is, there is no reason to complicate things with the development of human robots; this is just going to throw a wrench into the machine.

No comments: