Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A.I. Reflection

I had never seen this movie before so I found this to be an interesting movie. One thing that jumped out at me is that David, the robot, didn't have the emotion or thinking process that people did. He was processed and so caught up on being a real person that he could not realize the effect he was having on the people around him. When Martin told David to cut their mom's hair so that she would love him more and David did it because he could not understand what he was doing was wrong, almost like an immature kid. There was no sense of reasoning to his methods.  However, I do admire David's passion for becoming real and becoming loved by his family. I thought this was interesting in that he was searching for compassion which a lot of real people do in society today.

After seeing this movie and seeing how real David looked and how he interacted, I would not be surprised if our culture moves toward these actions in the future. I personally would not be in favor of such, but I can definitely see our society making these moves.

1 comment:

Cody Makin said...

I think your point about David seeking acceptance and love from his family like a real kid is what really made this movie interesting to me. The whole movie I was telling myself that David was not human and that doesn't have feelings. I began to have a hard time believing that because of David's deep rooter passion to be accepted. This is what made him human-like to me, people everyday are just longing for compassion, acceptance, and love. This is what made David different than just any ordinary robot.