Wednesday, February 06, 2013

A.I. Reflection

Something that has really stuck with me from the film is when David slept for 2,000 years.  David slept through the water's freezing and thawing processes, and he awoke to wanting the same thing as if the 2,000 years between was just a simple nap.  Once these objects are created, for example a robot that is equally smart to a human, or possibly smarter; these objects are mechanical, and can possibly create danger unknowingly, moreover when he cut his mother's hair and felt no remorse.  Robots have their own place in this world, and their space is expanding while the human race is shrinking.

This movie was very interesting, but it seemed to portray a negative image to me. The robot thought it was a human, and robots should know they are robots in my opinion. I like to believe that I will be able to tell the difference between humans and robots when robots enter human society, and this movie showed me that robots will be able to blend in with humans in the future.

1 comment:

Cody Makin said...

I thought that David sleeping for 2,000 years was very interesting as well. I felt that this dehumanizes robots. Obviously we know that David is a robot and that he can do things that humans can not, robots having the capability to sleep for 2,000 years is ridiculous.

Also, the scene where David cuts his mothers hair with no remorse or understanding for what he had done proves the fact that robots can't interact in the human world because they can't experience human emotion.