Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Brain scanning will be a very touchy subject in the near future if it is uses. However I see how it can be good to society in helping interrogations of criminals for our security and in education especially for the disables. Even though these are great attributes to this technology there are downfalls. What if we read ones mind and they were once thinking of doing a crime but would decide not commit it? This is proving them guilty on unfair terms. Criminals and minorites could also be labled much easier as criminals so there is a chance crime rates will go up. This type of technology also takes away some individual freedom of human kind. Our emotions, faith an thoughts are very personal and I would want that taken away from me. Its like having a car. You have the individual freedom to get in it and just go whenever you want. Its a good feeling and to take away my own personal thoughts and feelings from myself would be disturbing.

No comments: