Monday, February 19, 2007

Blog 5

I found this section of readings even more difficult to understand. However i found the idea of emdodiment technology very interesting. Especially in the example of the eye glasses. I myself wear glasses sometimes and don't think twice about them. I do feel as if they are a part of me that help me perceive the world around me. If I didn't have them on I wouldn't be able to see certain things as they were farther away in distance. I don't notice them on my face or find myself thinking about them constantly. They have become a part of my embodied experience. However if something is flawed with them and they become a problem or hinder my vision I become very aware of the presence. If they are functioning properly they remain transparent. I think that this is very interesting and true. It also holds true for other pieces of technology such as the telephone and several other objects.

No comments: