Friday, February 24, 2006

Who has heard of Generation X?

I'm sure most of you have, but I was surprised to find out that most people aren't sure what it is. Every generation is defined by some life changing world even. Generation X happens to be the generation defined by computers. Most of us in class are the end of generation X and the beginning of generation Y, where kids had computers and internet. So older people like Borgmann and Dreyfus who never grew up with this stuff aren't as comfortable with it as younger people are. What I am trying to say is I have a hard time relating to where they are coming from because I, and most people in our class, are coming from a different era of technology. And while they are so quick to want to change technology, we are much more accepting of it. Does that make any sense to you?

No comments: