Thursday, February 16, 2006

The internet

I have been using the internet for about 8 years now. When I first starting using the internet it was to talk to my friends through instant messaging. Now the main purpose of why I use the internet is to get research for upcoming projects, news about the world, the weather, and to check my e-mail. I rarely use the library unless a teacher says we have to have a non-internet site for our paper or speech.
I don't use the library because I don't know where to begin. I know this is no excuse, but it's the truth. I should use the library more often because it will probably give me better information than the internet would.
Dreyfus's idea on the internet made me think about how well search engines work and why we only rely on them. I am going to start researching more in the library now to get better references and books.

No comments: