Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ok, after reading one of the posts, I feel validated for not allowing my children to play Runescape when we went to the library yesterday! Then again, I don't let them play it at home, either. : )

The thing I've found the most intriguing from our reading was the suggestion that when," people were given access to the World Wide Web, they found themselves feeling isolated and depressed". Does anyone agree with this? I've seen it in people my age and older than me, but I'm wondering if it's present in those younger than myself. Of course, you can always ask which came first, the depression or the internet, but I've seen firsthand how easily an unhappy person, an incredibly shy person, or someone lacking self confidence, can replace social situations with a computer and internet access. So I guess what I'm wondering is, if we replace the human aspect of education, too, will we just be a bunch of really educated, but unhappy people?

No comments: