Monday, February 20, 2006

Library vs Internet

When it comes to research I normally use the internet. However, when I am begining my search I normally browse through the journals in the basement of the library. Several times I have found interesting articles which lead me in the the direction I want to take with my paper. I agree with Dreyfus when he talks about the use of a library because I can find exactly what I am looking for. Using the internet I do not know if the sites I am using are reliable and if I am looking up the correct information. I type in a key word to be search and I receive several topics concerning the key word and I spend my time looking at different web sites. Where as in the library I can pick up a journal or a book that is directly about the subject I am looking for. Because the internet has so many searches I am unsure of what is relavent and what isn't. Many of websites with the accurate information, I need to pay to recieve the information I need to write a good research paper. Books are free and can be easily checked out of the library. I think education would be less affective if we were to get rid of books and only have the internet.

No comments: