Friday, October 21, 2011

Ideas and data have come up suggesting that people are reading less books and more material on computers. I do not think that there has been a major switch yet though. I do believe more people look to the internet to read small news articles rather than buying newspapers or magazines. The internet is more convenient than going out and purchasing something and you can pay a monthly fee and have access to endless amounts of articles. But when it comes to reading novels, I think books are just as popular. I know myself and the people around me all choose to purchase a physical copy of a book rather than getting an internet version. I like the fact that I can hold the book, mark side notes, and highlight. With the Kindle this was not possible when I had to purchase a book. Something else that really distracted me was that there was no page numbers. I like to know how far I'm getting in a book, especially when I am not that into it.

No comments: