Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blog 7 : Kindle

The other day in class, we were discussing the idea of the kindle. I have never used or seen one before, but I don’t think I would like using one. The only exception would be textbooks for school. I think in that case, it would be highly beneficial to be able to just download your reading materials to the kindle, and not have to carry all the books around. Having said that, I would not like the fact that you can’t physically go page to page, and see the pertinent information in which you highlighted. I know that sometimes when I’m taking a test, I can think of the particular page some information is on and it helps me think of the answer. That would not be possible with the kindle. I guess when it comes down to it, the only thing I would like about it is the fact that it would be efficient as far as space is concerned. Like many people have said in class, I think there is something in having the actual book, as compared to words downloaded on a screen. The ability to hold the book, and go through it page by page, is something that I see as an important part of reading. Everything is being engulfed by technology, but the physical book, is something I wish would stay the way it is.

No comments: