Friday, April 28, 2006

final

The first blog that I would like to discuss, would be one of the very first blogs about the movie "Koyaniskazi"(check spelling). In the first blog, I stated that I thought the movie was confusing and I did not really like it nor did I understand what the concept was. I just saw a bunch of different clips of a bunch of different environments thrown together with laim music to make a movie without a plot. Now the end of the semester, I have different thoughts about the movie and I now understand what was trying to be portrayed. The technological advancements that have occured in this world have greatly changed the environment to an ugly menacing place. The best example from the movie would have to be the part with the beach and the power plant in the background. People are sunbathing right next to a nasty, polluting powerplant. This ethics and technology class helped me better understand and broaden my perspective about many things. Understanding what the movie was trying to portray after the semester is finally over is very interesting to me because I applied what I learned to trying to understand the movie and I actually did.

The second blog I would like to discuss is my blog about my opinion on whether or not frankenstein is a cyborg. My initial thought is that frankenstein was not a cyborg. He is made of much human flesh. Once the discussion of cyborgs came up, I soon realized he was really a cyborg. Yes a cyborg must have some type of technological equipment attached or inserted in oneself, but my new opinion involves creating a human from other sources and making the human come alive. Frankenstein did not have the same human intelligence that natural born people had. Ex. Sense of Humor, Common Sense. Cyborgs in my opinion can actually be something other than half robot half human.

No comments: