Sunday, April 02, 2006

Comment on second view of video

Unlike some of the previous posts, the second time seeing part of this movie wasn't anymore enlightening to me because I think the message the first time was obvious. Nature is good; technology is bad. I think the main element of the picture that really make the message clear is the music. If it was a silent film and only the images were shown, I know it wouldn't have been anywhere near as clear, but I'm still not sure that just seeing the images wouldn't have evoked some of the same negative feelings that the music helped in evoking. There was an image of some metal being melted and reshaped (I think) that had a negative connotation. Especially when there was what almost seemed like an explosion towards the end of the metal shaping did it become the most negative. So.....music or not, the message to me was clear the first and second times we watched it: Nature is good; technology is bad.

No comments: