Friday, January 20, 2006

Technology what an incredible thing but still dissatisfies us!

I really enjoyed watching the documentary and as a communications major I have been taking courses on analyzing productions of such, I found this work as fascinating and serving its purpose. I will not deny there were cases where I felt as if the points were made too strongly and I felt depressed.

I think the whole logic behind putting the video clip together is that the truth hurts. We are very good at denying the certain facts about our very own lives. They do not have to be scientific facts but can be towards feelings, beliefs, etc.

My home country is Istanbul, TURKEY and I have seen drastic differences between how we use technology and how its used in the states. Back home, people have access to technology but they tend to say whenever they use a piece of device "oh good old days" This tells us that people are aware of the changes that occur around them. I think this is what counts although we might not have control over the extend of technology used.

I think most of us do lack and do not think or prefer not to think of our never satistified desires of the use of technology and always wanting more. The whole point behind the video was not that how technology affects us but lets look at around us to see how our very fragile own human nature is affected.

No comments: