Thursday, September 15, 2011

Who needs Technology?

Some people may argue that up to date technology is necessary for modern business. Most people would agree with this statement, however, sometimes this is not the case. My father is a self employed engineer that operates a steady business. He competes with all the major engineering firms that use the most advanced technology that is available for this particular field. My father, on the other hand, does everything with limited technology. The most advanced machines he uses for his business are the typewriter, to draft letters, a fax machine and a telephone. All of which are older than I am. I'm not saying that it is better not to use technology, I'm just stating that up to date technology is not necessarily vital for all businesses.

RoboCop

2 comments:

Jake Samad said...

Technology may not be necessary for all businesses, such as your fathers, but I would argue that many large businesses do need technology to stay afloat. There are computer programs that people that work for your father most likely use to draft his drawings for him and things like that. No one needs to be paid for sitting at a table for hours drawing blueprints when a computer can do it in less than half the time. Your statements are true, but to a certain degree.

acmillay1985 said...

The place I work at requires technology to run effectively. I work at a bank and technology allows us to keep account info secure and up to date. Without technology money could simply disappear without anyone really knowing.