Thursday, September 08, 2011

A.I.'s In The Future

The video we watched yesterday morning that dealt with Artificial Intellegence (A.I.) really caught my attention. The idea of having robots that looked exactly like humans and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and us frankly scares me. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about that but I'm just stating my opinion. I would be afraid of what the robots would be capable of and what would happen if we weren't able to fully control them. The situation might be just like what happens in the movie "I Robot." In the video they made it sound as if being able to create these A.I's would be an amazing accomplishment for man kind when I feel it would be just the opposite. Granted, it would be a great accomplishment but it might not be the right accomplishment for humans. Robots would be very helpful with various things like laundry and other house hold chores but the question is do we really need that? I feel it would make humans lazy and not be able to fully take care of themselves. This wouldn't allow humans to live up to their full potential. They would have to rely on the robots to do a lot of things for them. Whether A.I.'s will be around in the future is still uncertain but right now we can all ask ourselves...would our lives change for the better if they were invented?

1 comment:

Dave Reed said...

if these AI's are created, i doubt that they will be created to be indestinguishable from humans. and if these AI's are made for the public lke in I Robot, they will only be used for petty tasks like clearing the dinner table and shoveling the snow off ur driveway. we wouldn't let them perform complicated tasks out of fear of human beings being replaced with machines.