Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Technology in Hospitals

Over the past month now I have been in and out of hospitals for some family misfortunes. Family members are fine now, but every time I went to the hospital I could not believe how much testing and diagnosing is done by using technological devices. I have not been in a hospital and noticed these things for about five years now and I could not be live all the technology in use. There were of course all of your devices like CT machines MRI, X -Ray, EEG, and etc.... They even have monitors that monitor your heart rate , blood pressure, pulse oxygen level in lungs and the whole nine yards. While being in the hospital I noticed that technology is doing a vast majority of the work rather than nurses and doctors. And the medical field seems to be relying on these devices quit heavily. I would like to know how this will effect nursing and doctor jobs in the future.

No comments: