Thursday, April 08, 2010

Chicken Little

For any of you convinced of a consensus on anthropogenic global warming, I thought I'd post a neat little link to a petition where over 30,000 American scientists have flatly rejected the idea of anthropogenic (man made) global warming. Over 9,000 of these scientists have PhD's. As this is an ethics class, I thought that academic and scientific dishonesty would be an appropriate subject to discuss. The idea, to me, that any credible person would try to pass off the idea of a consensus on this subject to be disturbing in itself, and a great example of technology being utilized to spread an agenda, via mass communication(technology). I'm not giving my opinion about global warming, but would just like to see if anyone out there feels it ethical the way advocates of anthropogenic global warming spread their message. Al Gore refuses to debate anyone on the subject, and has deep financial ties to the issue.... Ethics??? I don't think so. Scare tactics utilizing technology as a medium, maybe.

http://www.petitionproject.org/index.php

Either way, the idea of a consensus on anthropogenic global warming is a scam, whether or not anthropogenic global warming occurs or not. THERE IS NOT, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, A CONSENSUS. I suppose it is a decent example of the device paradigm, as mass communication systems have not only allowed us to be brought together on a global scale, but duped on a global scale as well. A few decades ago leftist environmentalists said we'd have mass starvation within a generation. Never happened. Another good one from a few decades ago was that we were entering another ice age that would ravage everyone... Didn't happen. What will the next critical emergency be??????? Again, I'm not trying to push anyone's opinion either way, just thought it would be an interesting subject to put out there.

3 comments:

Nick L. said...

I'll be a dork, and post another link on my own post. I realize I have a few years on most of you, but thought you might like a little perspective on past enviro-scams.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304017404575165573845958914.html

Every few years there's another life threatening ordeal we're faced with, then they are forgotten about, and another is thought up.

(1-x^2)y''-2xy'+L(L+1)=0 said...

I mentioned Mr. Crichton before, however in this speech http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-ourenvironmentalfuture.html he does mention the fact that global scientist at one time wanted to WARM up the cooling off world.

Justin Ramsey said...

The only reason this type of global warming was ever preached was to strike fear. Fear, like sex, sells. If you preach mass destruction people are going to listen, thus buying movies such as an Inconvienant Truth. After all, when the movements leading speaker is Al Gore, the same man that said "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." Need I say more?