Tuesday, March 19, 2013

When is enough, enough?

In today's society the term "progress" never has an end.  We always want something better or there is some kind of upgrade to every technology.  But how significant are these upgrades? Is the difference between the iPhone4 and iPhone5 that drastic?  We are never satisfied with a product.  We always ask "how can we improve this?"  Things that are considered new technologies will be non-existent in 6 months or a year.  If this rate of progress continues, I believe that the idea of companion robots is closer than we think. 

1 comment:

Cody Makin said...

When it comes to the newest iPhones I am extremely grateful to have my Mom around. Every time the new version gets released I impulsively tell myself that I need it for pointless reasons. It is extremely easy to rationalize purchases like this to yourself because obviously you're the one that wants it. Whenever I get the urge I can always count on my Mom to give the standard, "you do not need the new one, the upgrades aren't even that noticeable, and oh yeah, you don't have enough money." I agree that it is scary how fast a "new" product can become obsolete.