Monday, March 13, 2006

Technology for Government

I was having a discussion with my barber as I was getting my haircut over the break about Technology and how it is changing our lives. He actually told me that our government is now catching live sharks and putting them in an unconscience state while they implant a camera device in the head of the shark. Then our intelligence crews can control the live sharks and follow other nations ships and find out where they are headed. The sharks look real because they really are live sharks, but they have this device in them that the U.S. can control them with. I asked, wouldn't the people on the ship realize that the shark was following them and he said that there is always large fish and sharks in the ocean and the crews are not going to kill every shark that they pass on their voyage. So this is an example that I found very interesting of how the U.S. is using technology to our advantage. When we find out that things like that are possible it kind of opens up our minds to what other things are possible in the use of technology. Then I told someone else about this and they said that it might just be a rumor that the United States have made up in hopes that the other nations stay in line and don't try anything. But with the way that technology is progressing I wouldn't put something like this in the rumor category so soon.

No comments: