Monday, March 20, 2006

Haraway

After reading this chapter I was blown away, I have not been in class for a week, so I feel very behind, but Donna Haraway seem to truly believe the we are all cyborgs. I think it is safe to say, after taking this class that we all believe that technology effects our day to day lives. Technology contains strengths and weaknesses and it is important to be very aware of these. On the other hand, to go as fare as saying we are all cyborgs and completely embodied by this technology, I think that is a little extreme. It is important however to always look at the extreme of any situation, also it is unlikely, it could happen. It may give you a new understanding of something, or help you to better understand your own beliefs. Although I do not believe that we are all cyborgs, technology can keep us alive, it can breath for us, clean our blood, pump our heart, ext. Although technology does not have the ability to have emotion, gather beliefs, and cognitively think.

No comments: