Monday, April 09, 2007

Reason? Is there a reason for you?

I really liked this story for several 'reasons'. I thought it was funny of the old sci-fi shows where the robots take over, but it also had the hidden meaning of course. I know that in the end Cutie (QT-1) was simply protecting the humans by performing all of the functions itself and keeping the humans out of the control room, but the religious fervour of the robots kind of scared me. If the robot ever got to the point where IT decided what was the best way to protect humans, then I'd say that was the time to pull the plug. What if the converter failed and Cutie started looking at the humans as mischievous or dangerous? You know what happens next. The humans have got to go. Donovan and Powell are already in trouble because they have laughed at Cutie and the 'Master'. It was good of Cutie to keep feeding the humans until they left, but what about Muller? will he get fed too? Will he offend the Master?

No comments: