Saturday, April 07, 2007

Blog 9: Reason

I really enjoyed reading Reason. In my opinion, the robot Cutie almost appeared to outsmart the humans throughout their stay on the station. At times, Powell and Donovan questioned Cutie's theories and wondered if he might be speaking truth.

The one question I have is how Cutie was able to defy the Laws of Robotics. I always think of the movie "I Robot" and whenever a human told his robot to do something, it was done (Unless it defied another law). Cutie ignored Powell and Donovan's commands and actually took charge with the other robots.

The other thing I liked from this story was the way Cutie was able to comprehend things so easily. After all of the doubts Powell and Donovan had of him, it was amazing to see how Cutie was able to control the beam perfectly during the storm. A robot that was simply created to carry out tasks from humans turns out to be, in my opinion, smarter than the people in charge of him. Any time I read these stories, it makes me think about the future more and if these situations will ever occur.

No comments: