Thursday, January 31, 2013

Robots

In our last class, we spent some time discussing robots; robot dogs, robot people and some other weird creatures that acted as dogs or horses and other animals. It was amazing how these "animals and humans" could do so many human like motions and actions. These robots looked as if they walked, moved, ran and talked just as a human would. I remember watching one video of a man sitting on a couch in a public area, if you would look at him he looked completely real. His skin looked so real and the small details on his body, the way he sat and looked like he was just relaxing like a human. The other video was the one of the dog and how it's a companion with a man, but it's a robot... how could it be a companion. It walked just like a dog would and even picked a bone and played with it just like my real dog at home does! It's kinda crazy, but in the end I still have mixed feelings about robots in general. I don't think that they should be considered companions in anyway, I believe that they are neat and a way to show science off but I do not believe that people should get an emotional attachment to these "human like" objects. I do have to say though they are a neat and possibly revolutionary technological invention.

No comments: