Thursday, January 31, 2013

Robot dog

In class, we spent some time looking up different robot dogs on the computer. I found these kind of weird. I think when people treat a robot dog like a real dog, it can be confusing to the psyche, especially for children. People seem to treat these dogs like real ones in the sense that they walk them, feed them, cuddle them, teach them, etc. Dogs are special creatures and I do not think that they could ever be replaced by the robot dog.

I see robot dogs as a toy and nothing more, but on the other hand I have never owned one. I did however own a dog that I guess could be considered a robot. It barked and did flips but it was nothing like the one we were looking up.

We also looked at a military dog. It could carry a bunch of weight and walk on many different terrains. This could be of very good use, although slightly creepy. I see this being more prominent in the future, more so then the pet robot dog.

No comments: