Monday, December 05, 2011

online classes

I find that online classes are sort of pointless. I feel this way for a few reasons... First I pay money to sit in a classroom and be taught. If i take a online class then I am paying the same amount of money to stay home and teach myself. Seems like a waste to me. Second, I sit at home many hours of my day during the school year because there is not much else to do because i don not have a job. For me going to class gives me a reason to get out of the house. Third, If all classes where online then I would not have many of the friends that I have now. If class were online my friendships would be much like that of my friends on Facebook. Forth, I am the type of student that needs to see and do. I would be very unsuccessful in my education if classes had to be taken online. Lastly I find using computers for everything very annoying. Taking classes on them would just add to my screen time. Online schooling/ classes is a bad idea.

2 comments:

Evan Harris said...

Well, what if online classes offered interaction? Online classes are going in a direction where teachers will no longer leave assignments for the class to do on their own time, but offer ways of interacting almost as you would in class. Now when you said that you wouldn't have as many friends as you do now if there were all online classes, is that because you live @ school and have friends b/c of dorming and social events on campus? or actually you met these friends in a class?

Maria said...

I took an online course two years ago and did not enjoy it. I actually had more work on my hands than a typical class. Plus, I did not like the fact that I could not go to the professor's office directly. E-mail was esentially the only way I could communicate. This was an English class, but I could not imagine taking a math class online. I would think that methematical equations would be very difficult to explain online. Like you, I prefer to be in a typical classroom setting.